If you are not familiar with me or my services, please click HERE.
Thank you for your interest in my Diabetes Management Program. Your decision to take control of your diabetes is the greatest decision that you can take for your long term health and wellness. This course has helped many to:
- Achieve normal blood glucose
- Reduce or eliminate medication
- Reduce their risks of chronic disease
- Increase energy
- Improve their quality of life
- Lose weight
Of course, your results may vary.
What is the Diabetes Management Program?
The Diabetes Management Program is a collection of instructional material on this site and other supporting websites, organized in a logical sequence to help you manage or even reverse (pre-diabetes or Type 2) manage (Type 1) your diabetes. The program should give anyone with diabetes the tools needed to successfully strive for truly normal, non-diabetic blood glucose and A1c targets. This program requires significant dietary modification and frequent blood glucose monitoring during the program, as well as participating in other healthy lifestyle practices.
The course will address the following topics and answer the these questions:
- What is Type 1 Diabetes?
- What is Type 2 Diabetes?
- Are there other types of diabetes?
- What is pre-diabetes?
- Is pre-diabetes reversible?
- Is Type 2 reversible?
- What is insulin resistance?
- Why is it important to control blood sugar?
- What are healthy targets for blood sugar and A1c?
- What are the causes, signs/symptoms of high blood sugar?
- How do I prevent and treat high blood sugar?
- What are the causes, signs/symptoms of low blood sugar?
- How do I prevent and treat low blood sugar?
- What is a healthy diet for diabetes?
- What is NOT a healthy diet for diabetes?
- Do I need to give up certain foods to control my diabetes?
- How much carbohydrate can I have?
- If I lower carbohydrates, will I have low blood sugar?
- How much protein should I have?
- Is fat unhealthy?
- Do I have to restrict fat intake?
- Do I have to count calories?
- How do I eat healthy on a budget?
- How often should I check my blood sugar?
- What is a food diary and how do I use it?
- What other things are important to managing my diabetes?
- How does being overweight affect my diabetes?
- How can I safely lose weight with my diabetes?
- Do I need to exercise?
- What is the best form of exercise for those with diabetes?
- How does stress affect my diabetes?
- What are effective strategies for coping with stress?
- How does lack of sleep affect my diabetes?
- How can I improve my sleep habits?
- How do I manage my blood pressure?
- How can I fight depression with diabetes?
- Should I take insulin?
- What are the different types of insulin and how do they work?
- When is insulin a problem for Type 2 diabetes?
- How do the different diabetes medications work?
- What do I do if I cannot afford my diabetes medications?
This program has helped many to achieve truly normal blood sugars for the first time, reduce or eliminate medication, achieve a healthy weight and improve overall wellness. I am one of these people. Join me in taking charge of your health and putting diabetes in it’s place!
To Proceed To The Course, Click HERE
Terms and Conditions
Before embarking on any change in diet or activity, I highly recommend a physical exam and thorough healthcare screening with your primary healthcare provider. The education in this program is nutrition and lifestyle based and should not be construed as medical advice, nor should it be substituted for medical advice from your healthcare provider. As the course participant, you assume all responsibilities and risks for instituting lifestyle modification. By clicking on the course page, you agree that you have been advised to be evaluated by your primary healthcare provider prior to beginning any lifestyle management of your health and you state that you are fit to begin such a program. You assume all risks, and agree to hold Low Carb RN (CDE) free of any liability, for your instituting lifestyle management of your health.